The Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) is seeking the services of a suitably experienced nutrition scientist to assist work being undertaken by it as part of the review of the BAI Children’s Commercial Communications Code.
The successful candidate will be required to assist the review of the Children’s Commercial Communications Code with a particular emphasis on nutrition issues related to foods that are high in salt, sugar and fat (HFSS foods). The candidate will:-
- Be suitably qualified and experienced in the area of nutrition science and fully familiar with the nutrient profiling model as developed by the UK Food Standards Agency (FSA).
- Review any arguments related to nutrition included in written consultation submissions that are received on foot of the two public consultation stages. This will include issues presented in respect of the FSA nutrient profiling model and HFSS foods.
- Attend workshops/targeted consultations to be held with interest groups as part of the consultation process. Attendance will be in an observational capacity only.
- Produce two reports on the analysis of consultation submissions.
- Attend two meetings of the Authority of the BAI.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 15th September 2011.
Background information, details of the organisation contracting, an outline of the project requirements and details of the application procedures are available here.