Commercial radio licensing – BAI seeks expressions of interest for sound broadcasting services
The Contract Awards Committee of the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) has today (18.04.19) placed a public notice in a national paper seeking expressions of interests from parties interested in securing a sound broadcasting contract for the provision of one of the following:-
- A music-based sound broadcasting service on the FM band for a general audience aged 35-55 years in Dublin City and County. The contract for the above service is currently held by City Broadcasting Limited, broadcasting as Dublin’s Q102, and is due to expire on the 24th May 2020.
- A classic rock music-based sound broadcasting service on the FM band, targeting adults aged 25+ years in Dublin City and County and commuter belt. The contract for the above service is currently held by Classic Rock Broadcasting Limited, broadcasting as Radio Nova, and is due to expire on the 30th June 2020.
- A quasi-national broad-format Christian and religious sound broadcasting service, on the AM and FM bands, targeting an audience aged 15+ years. The contract for the above service is currently held by Spirit Radio Limited, broadcasting as Spirit Radio, and is due to expire on the 31st December 2020.
Interested parties should submit their expressions of interest in electronic format to the BAI. Information in respect of the proposed services should be presented in the format prescribed in the BAI’s relevant Guide for Expressions of Interest, or alternatively by completing an Expressions of Interest Form for the relevant service. The guides and forms for the above sound broadcasting services are available here or on request from the BAI’s offices (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 644 1200).
Parties interested in submitting expressions of interest to the BAI should do so by 12 noon on Tuesday, 18th June 2019.
Contact: Tony Heffernan / Sebastian Enke, DHR Communications, Tel: 01-4200580 / 087-2399508 / 087-3239496
Note to Editors:
- The Expressions Of Interest notice can be viewed here. Expression of Interest guides and forms are available to download here.
- An expression of interest in response to this notice shall not be regarded as an application for a sound broadcasting contract. All expressions of interest will be made available publicly following consideration by the BAI.