Sound & Vision 4
Sound & Vision 4 is a funding scheme for television and radio programmes, funded through the television licence fee.
How to apply
Open & upcoming funding rounds Q2
Round 44 – Climate Change & Climate Action
Open. Closes 12 noon sharp on Tuesday, 26th July 2022
Round 45 – Support for the Irish Music Sector (with mandatory gender equality criterion)
Opens 1st June and closes 12 noon 14th July 2022
Round 46 – Open Round for Irish Language Programming Only (with mandatory gender equality requirement)
Opens July & closes September 2022
Useful documents / information
- Copy of the Scheme
- Guide for Applicants – Round 43
- Application Form – Round 43
- Outcomes of previous rounds are available on request, with those for the last three rounds posted to this page
- The lists of the assessors of previous rounds are available on request, with those for the last three rounds posted to this page:
- Develop high quality programmes based on Irish culture, heritage and experience;
- Develop these programmes in the Irish language;
- Increase the availability of programmes referred to above to audiences in the State;
- Represent the diversity of Irish culture and heritage;
- Record oral Irish heritage and aspects of Irish heritage which are disappearing, under threat, or have not been previously recorded, and;
- Develop local and community broadcasting.
To achieve these objectives, the Scheme offers grant funding to new television and radio programmes which deal with the themes of:
- Irish culture, heritage and experience;
- Improving adult or media literacy;
- Raising public awareness and understanding of global issues impacting on the State and countries other than the State; and/or
- Any of the above in the Irish language.
- The Scheme is financed from the Broadcast Fund which comprises 7% of the annual net receipts from television license fees.
- The BAI has been assigned the responsibility of administering this fund.
- The BAI Archiving Scheme is also financed from the Broadcast Fund.
- The BAI will generally allocate funding using a funding rounds system.
- For each round, the BAI determines the closing time and date; the types of applications that can be submitted and the amount of funding available.