Sound & Vision 4
Sound & Vision 4 is a funding scheme for television and radio programmes, funded through the television licence fee.
How to apply
Read the Guide for Applicants, Complete your application and submit it by the closing date and time.
Round Relevant Application documents will be uploaded when ready.
You can read about the Scheme and recent Guides for Applicants and view the Application forms below.
Round 49 has now closed.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful documents / information
Recent Funding Decisions
List of External Assessors
Applications are assessed by a team of external assessors chosen based on their relevant experience and the assessment criteria for each round.
Recent Assessors by round are available below.
- Develop high quality programmes based on Irish culture, heritage and experience;
- Develop these programmes in the Irish language;
- Increase the availability of programmes referred to above to audiences in the State;
- Represent the diversity of Irish culture and heritage;
- Record oral Irish heritage and aspects of Irish heritage which are disappearing, under threat, or have not been previously recorded, and;
- Develop local and community broadcasting.
To achieve these objectives, the Scheme offers grant funding to new television and radio programmes which deal with the themes of:
- Irish culture, heritage and experience;
- Improving adult or media literacy;
- Raising public awareness and understanding of global issues impacting on the State and countries other than the State; and/or
- Any of the above in the Irish language.
- The Scheme is financed from the Broadcast Fund which comprises 7% of the annual net receipts from television license fees.
- The BAI has been assigned the responsibility of administering this fund.
- The BAI Archiving Scheme is also financed from the Broadcast Fund.
- The BAI will generally allocate funding using a funding rounds system.
- For each round, the BAI determines the closing time and date; the types of applications that can be submitted and the amount of funding available.