BAI announces over €500k in funding through its Sponsorship Scheme and Sectoral Learning and Development Programmes
The Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) has today (23.02.22) announced details of funding allocations under its Sponsorship Scheme and the network funding strand of its Sectoral Learning and Development programme. A total of €527,500 in funding has been approved by the BAI to support a range of representative groups and media-related events and activities.
The BAI Sponsorship Scheme, by providing funding support to media-related events and activities, aims to contribute to the achievement of the BAI’s strategic objectives and raise awareness of its work. A total of 23 projects were successful in the latest funding round, with the BAI awarding a total of €167,500 in sponsorship support to the successful applicants.
Sectoral Learning & Development
Under its Sectoral Learning and Development Programme, the BAI supports a range of industry networks. This year’s programme is awarding funding of €360,000 to 15 industry and representative organisations to support their activities.
A list of the successful funding recipients this year under both the Sponsorship Scheme and network strand of the Sectoral Learning and Development Programme can be found below.
Commenting, BAI Chief Executive, Celene Craig said: “I would like to congratulate all the successful funding recipients this year. The BAI is delighted once again to support such a range of representative groups and quality initiatives that help to promote diversity and plurality for audiences, and enhance innovation and sustainability for the broadcasting and audiovisual sectors. Both programmes have been of great value to the BAI and have made a notable contribution to the delivery of the BAI’s strategic objectives over recent years.”
More information on the BAI’s funding initiatives can be found here.
Media contact: Joanne Ahern, DHR Communications, Tel: 087-9881837.
All other queries: BAI, 01-6441200.
Notes to Editors:
Funding recipients / events under Sponsorship Scheme:a
- Animation Dingle/Festival with Conference, Workshops, Screenings and Awards
- BP, The Centenary of Ireland’s First Licensed Radio Station
- The Belfast Media Festival 2023
- Catalyst International Film Festival 2023
- Choice Music Prize
- Cleraun Documentary Masterclasses
- 68th Cork International Film Festival – Documentary Programme
- Dublin International Film Festival – Students Screenings and Workshops
- FIAT/IFTA Media Management Seminar 2023
- FÍS TV Summit
- Fresh International Film Festival
- Galway Film Fleadh & Fair
- Harp Short Film & Screenplay Competition
- IFI Spotlight & Irish Focus
- 20th Anniversary IFTA Awards
- IMRO Radio Awards
- Irish Animation Awards 2023
- Gradaim Chumarsáide an Oireachtais 2023
- The Radharc Awards 2023
- Gradaim RTS 2023 / RTS Ireland Awards 2023
- Shine Festival 2023
- The National Student Media Awards (SMEDIAS)
- Writers Guild of Ireland 2023 Zebbie Awards
Network funding recipients under Sectoral Learning and Development Programme:
- Learning Waves
- Community Television Association (CTA)
- Creative Europe Desk Ireland – Media Office Dublin
- Creative Europe Desk Ireland – Media Office Galway
- Screen Producers Ireland (SPI)
- Women on Air
- National Union of Journalists (NUJ)
- Women in Film and Television Ireland
- Animation Skillnet / Animation Ireland / Screen Skillnet partnership
- Writers’ Guild of Ireland (WGI)
- Galway Film Centre
- Screen Composers Guild of Ireland
- ACE Producers