BAI announces funding of close to €500k through Sponsorship Scheme and Sectoral Learning and Development Programme
The Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) has today (17.02.22) announced details of funding allocations under its Sponsorship Scheme and the network funding strand of its Sectoral Learning and Development programme. Funding of €499,500 has been approved by the BAI to support a range of activities and representative groups, details of which are outlined below.
The BAI Sponsorship Scheme provides funding to support media-related events and activities, with the aim of raising awareness of the BAI and its work and contributing to the achievement of the BAI’s strategic objectives. Following assessment of the latest funding round, the BAI is awarding funding of €149,500 in sponsorship to 23 successful applicants. A list of the successful funding recipients can be found in the Notes to Editors section.
Sectoral Learning & Development
The BAI supports a range of industry networks under the Sectoral Learning & Development Programme. It is awarding funding of €350,000 to 16 industry and representative organisations to assist in their activities this year. A list of these funding recipients can be found in the Notes to Editors section.
Commenting on the funding allocations, BAI Chief Executive, Celene Craig said: “The BAI is delighted to once more support activities and initiatives from a wide range of applicants and representative groups through our Sponsorship Scheme and Sectoral Learning and Development Programme.
“The support offered by both programmes contributes greatly to the achievement of the BAI’s strategic objectives concerning the promotion of diversity and plurality, empowering audiences, and the enhancement of innovation and sustainability for the broadcasting and audiovisual sectors. I would like to congratulate all of the successful recipients this year and to wish them the best of luck with their various projects.”
More information on the BAI’s funding initiatives can be found here.
Media contact: Thelma Harris / Joanne Ahern, DHR Communications, Tel: 083-0517622 / 087-9881837.
All other queries: BAI, 01-6441200.
Notes to Editors:
List of funding recipients under the Sponsorship Scheme:
- Animation Dingle Festival 2022
- AudioCraft 2022
- Belfast Media Festival
- Catalyst International Film Festival
- Celtic Media Festival
- Choice Music Prize
- Cleraun Media Ethics Forum
- Cork International Film Festival
- Dublin International Film Festival
- Fresh International Film Festival
- Fís TV Summit
- Galway Film Fleadh and Fair
- Gaze Film Festival
- IMRO Radio Awards
- Radio Audio Week
- IFTA Film and Drama Awards
- Kilkenny Animated Festival
- Oireachtas Media Awards
- Ceardlanna & Comórtais Raidió
- Royal Television Society Awards
- National Student Media Awards
- Circom Conference
- Writers Guild of Ireland Zeebies Awards
List of network funding recipients under Sectoral Learning and Development Programme:
- Learning Waves
- Community Television Association (CTA)
- Creative Europe Desk Ireland – Media Office Dublin
- Creative Europe Desk Ireland – Media Office Galway
- Screen Producers Ireland (SPI)
- Women on Air
- National Union of Journalists (NUJ)
- Women in Film and Television Ireland
- Animation Skillnet & Animation Ireland
- Writers’ Guild of Ireland (WGI)
- Galway Film Centre
- Screen Composers Guild of Ireland
- Screen Skillnet
- ACE Producers